2012 07 10 AAC Middle Wallop

AAC Middle Wallop is a British Army base near the Hampshire village of Middle Wallop. The base hosts 2 Regiment Army Air Corps and the Army Aviation Centre. The role of 2 Regiment is training and so AAC Middle Wallop is the base where most Army Air Corps pilots begin their careers. 
I arrived quite late but was very happy ith the departing Lynx that kept it low during departure.
When driving to Folkstone to catch my boat I saw a Chinook flying along the highway at tree level. So I tried to figure out where it could have gone and took the exit of the highway. And by luck I was just near the forest where the Chinook had made a practice landing. An incredible experience.


Lynx AH7  Royal Army  ZD284/K
Chinook HC2  Royal Air Force  ZH777
Chinook HC2  Royal Air Force  ZH777
Chinook HC2  Royal Air Force  ZH777

No comments:

Post a Comment